Requirements for Hide files in Android Without any Applock
- Es File Explorer (Download)
- Some Brain
This is best file explorer and there is no one like this there i loved it very much because it has many features and functions.It is compulsory to use ES File Explorer, you can use any file explorer.But i recommend this one.
Hide Files in Android Without Any Applock
1)Hide folder using Dot(.) Method
If one of your folders contains your private files, and you want to hide it, then this method is best for you or you may create a folder and move your personal files to that folder.
- Open file manager and rename the desired folder to .Folder (dot). If your folder name is Pictures then rename it to .pictures
- This procedure makes your folder as a system folder and hides its data. It’ll also not visible to you.
- To unhide the folder, turn on show hidden files option on ES file explorer and remove the dot (.) from the folder. That’s it.
2)Hide Files In Folder
In the first method, folder is hidden, but in this method folder is not hidden. It hides the contents of the folder, which is visible in Gallery or Music player.
- Go to a folder, suppose Pictures and create a new file as .nomedia. This file is easy to create with ES File explorer.
- Now you can see; all files within the folder are hidden from Gallery. The .nomedia file indicates that folder as no file inside the folder. That’s why nothing is displayed.
- To display them again, simply delete the .nomedia file. That’s it.
Hide A Particular File
If you want to hide a particular image from Gallery or from Music player this method is applicable for you. This is a very simple method. Just rename a file to file.zip
Suppose the file name is sky.jpg then rename it to sky.zip ,This .zip extension is not identified by Gallery. You can also do the same with a music file.
So Guys, this was complete tutorial to Hide Files/Folders in Android Without any Applock. If you have any question related to this tutorial or you found any issue during the procedure then ask me in comments.