What is MTK?
MTK stands for MediaTEK, and mediatek is a well known Taiwan Chipset manufacturing company which mostly outsources their products. Hence they are regarded as fabless companies.They manufacture Central Processing Units (CPU) for wireless telecommunications,HDTVs,DVD etc. This largest manufacturing is demanded from chinese technology market.In this tutorial i will show you How To Check If Your Phone Is An MTK Device. From that little intro of MTK, now you can deduce by now that when we say MTK phones, we are talking of phones that make use MTK chips.Since MTK are biggest suppliers of their chips to the Chinese mobile tech market, it now tells us that most of the mobile devices produced in China are MTK devices.
But we are focusing on how to check if your phone is an MTK device.Since these devices are hardware components and with models embedded inside the devices, if will be bit difficult to tell if they are MTK devices. SPD and others by looking at or handling the device. It is a common thing that most of the Chinese mobiles are MTK devices. But you can not tell that this is a MTK device by mere seeing or handling them.So in this tutorial i will show you how to check if your phone is an MTK device.
In-fact what i want to you now will even go a long way helping you in differentiating between original andriod devices and the fake ones. In other words, cloned phones like korean phones or from other manufacturers mimicking original manufacturers like Samsung,HTC,LG and the rest can easily be detected with this method.
How To Check If Your Phone Is An MTK Device:
- Turn on your device and then Go to Google Playstore.
- Now search for “CPU-Z” and download this app.
- After app installation, open the app and you will see all your phones and hardware component models.
- While open the app you will see 5 menus buttons at the top;SOC (System On Chips), System,Battery,Sensors and about menus.
- On the SOC menu you will see the chip and model of your android device boldly written at the top portion of your phone’s screen. On the other way round you can also navigate to the system menu to see the hardware components of your device. The models for MTK devices always start with Mt prefix, while that of Spreadtrum often start with SPD or SC.
How To Check Your Phone Is Origianal Or Cloned:
You can use this app to detect other models and Chipsets of any android device. Now for those cloned Samsung devices or Korean phones, when you use this app and get know that the Chipsets are MTK, it should tell you that it is not from signed Samsung original products, as Samsung have their self-manufactured chipset as in the Exynos and aside from theirs, they also prefer using American Chipsets like Qualcomm Snapdragon, Nvidia etc. to MTK Chipset.
So if you are happy with this tutorial, please comment below to ask any question and also share this tutorial with your friends so they can also gain from this knowledge.