If you are reading this tutorial then I guess that you are a MTK smartphone.user or a developer of MTK android phone. I am presenting here rom porting.method for MTK smartphones. MTK chipset ROMs are easiest to port with respected to other chipset devices. Personally I also like MTK smartphone for their cheap price and best performance and also of its many tools.This MTK rom port guide is for newbie users. All people who rooted their phones want to flash ROMs and port own ROMs in their smartphones so here it’s your MTK rom porting guide. This guide will work for all MT65xx phone models so without any further talk let’s talk about MTK rom porting guides.
Porting ROMs in MTK Devices is not so much easy and not so much hard too. It needs practice to port rom properly. All devices does not have Same Rom porting method. Different Devices are having different methods for port ROMs in their Device. So you have to try once, which rom porting method works best for you and it will surely give you amazing experience when you port rom in MTK Device. I have also tried it out for porting Iphone rom and it was booted successfully but it was having Some Bugs. So it’s possible that you will be able to port ROM in your Device with below Guide, But it may give you some bugs then you have to try to replace different files from stock rom to Custom rom and need to check which thing works best for you.
MTK Rom porting method
For Use this guide to port ROMs in your Smartphone, first thing you should check that is your Phone’s Chipset is MTK or not. If It is MTK then you are ready to follow below easy steps for port ROMs in MTK Smartphones. It’s very easy to port ROMs in Smartphones, but porting ROMs in MTK chipset smartphones is bit easy. You can also port ROMs in your MTK Chipset smartphones. Just you have to read full tutorial carefully and follow all steps one by one.
Read Must: How To Check If Your Phone Is An MTK Device.
Prepare Before port ROMs in MTK Smartphones:
- Backup your Stock Rom first.
- Backup all your important data before flashing ported ROMs.
- Keep Phone’s Battery level above 60% before flashing ported ROMs.
This Rom Port Guide Will Work For Same Chipset MTK Phones:
- MT6575 to MT6575
- MT6582 to MT6582
- MT6577 to MT6577
- MT6589 to MT658p
- And so on.
Requirements for port Rom’s in MTK Chipset Phones.
- Rom file should be in .zip format from same MTK chipset which you want to port.
- Your Stock Rom flashable Zip File.
- Computer or Mobile Phone(Better to use PC).
How to Port MTK custom ROMs to all other chipsets:
So Guys, below is the final Guide available for Porting MTK Custom ROMs in android smartphones easily. You can find and replace below files from stock rom to your portable custom rom and then you have to flash that zip file. So check it out how it works and follow the below steps now.
- Extract the ROM to port and you will have these main things:
- If you have them then you are ready for next step.
- Open /system folder of stock and rom to port.
- Open bin folder of stock ROM and copy these files.
- Now replace these files in ROM to Port’s/System Bin folder.
- Open lib folder of Stock ROM and get these files:
- Replace all the files mention above to ROM to Port’s/system/lib folder.
- Now open Stock ROM’s/system/etc and copy these files:
- Now replace these files in ROM’s to port/system/etc folder.
- Delete these folders from ROM to Port.
- Replace these folders from Stock ROM To Rom To Port.
- The final step! Press Back button to go to the main folder where you have the Stock ROM. Copy boot.img [From Stock ROM] and replace it with the ROM to Port.
After that make it .zip and Flash Newly created rom file with custom recovery like CMW or TWRP Recovery etc.
MTK Rom porting method
If you have any queries about this tutorial then feel free to ask in comments below, Enjoy porting ROMs in your MTK Device. Porting ROMs in Mobile phones seems very interesting right. You can also do this, just needs general knowledge about how to extract zip and create zips & some more info. If you really want to port ROMs, then you can follow above guide. I are not responsible for any damage for your device. Share this tutorial with your friends and keep visit here for more stuffs like This.
Porting ROMs in MTK Smartphones is little bit easy, you must follow all above steps carefully, it’s not 100% Sure that after follow this guide, rom will work properly or boot, you have to fix bugs of ROMs & Much more knowledge needed. So try this at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage of your Phone while porting MTK Rom. in some cases your phone may be hard bricked.So be careful while doing this process.